This space-saving Digital Writing Focus Wall Daily Google Slides Template is so easy to use and you can set up future weeks ahead of time (and reuse them year after year). Running out of bulletin board space? I know the feeling! If you’ve ever tried to create a focus wall, you know how much work it takes to setup and keep switching it every week. Just copy and paste the pre-made icons onto the Writing slide to set them up and display on your projector screen at the start of your lesson. And because they’re a Slides file, you can even add your own slides to guide your reading lesson (perfect if you’re using your district’s assigned writing curriculum).
Included in this Digital Writing Focus Wall Daily Google Slides Template resource:
- Writing Focus Wall Slide Choice 1 (Mentor Text, What the Author Did, Let’s Try It, Word Bank)
- Writing Focus Wall Slide Choice 2 (Let’s Talk About, Let’s Try it in Our Writing, Word Bank)
- Writing Traits Slides (Organization, Ideas, Conventions, Sentence Fluency, Word Choice, Voice)
- Unit/Lesson Slides to separate and organize it all
Moveable Icons are organize by the following slides:
- Writing Process Icons: Prewriting, Drafting, Teacher Conference, Peer Conference, Revising, Peer Editing, Publishing, Author’s Chair
- Writing Concept Icons: Writers can write (Information, Reminders, Emails, Letters, Lists, Notes, Poems, Journals, Stories, Cards), Ideas, Capitalization, Transitions, Dialogue, Details, Punctuation, Spice It Up, Onomatopoeia, Structure, Paragraphs, Hooks, Conclusions, Friendly Letter, Writers Often Write To…, Author’s Purpose, Inform, How-To, Opinion, Small Moments, Complete Sentences, Metaphors, Similes, Writers Use (Word Wall Words, Nice Writing, Paper Lines, Finger Spaces, Sounds, Periods, Capital Letters, handwriting formation)
- Word Bank Icons: Fall words, Halloween words, Thanksgiving words, Winter holiday words, Winter words, February holiday celebration words, Spring words, Summer words
What other teachers are saying about this Digital Writing Focus Wall:
- Extremely satisfied–This resource was very useful for me this year. I enjoyed having it at my finger tips and not having to make copies of anything. The kids thought it was neat as well. Thank you.
- Extremely satisfied–I love this form. I plan on using these with my students in class and virtually. I think it will be a wonderful resource to show substitutes, LTAs, and parents because it will clearly give directions and samples of the concepts you are working on.
- Extremely satisfied–This is one of my favorite purchases! I use it every week. It’s easy to prepare, but looks like I spent a lot of time on it.
You can see what else is in the shop here or take a look at this resource in my TpT shop here.
All rights reserved © Jen Lium | Teaching in the Tongass