This space-saving Digital Reading Focus Wall Daily Google Slides Template is so easy to use and you can set up future weeks ahead of time (and reuse them year after year). Running out of bulletin board space? I know the feeling! If you’ve ever tried to create a focus wall, you know how much work it takes to setup and keep switching it every week. Just copy and paste the pre-made icons onto the Reading slide to set them up and display on your projector screen at the start of your lesson. And because they’re a Slides file, you can even add your own slides to guide your reading lesson (perfect if you’re using your district’s assigned reading curriculum).
Included in this Digital Reading Focus Wall:
Reading Focus Wall Slide (Sub Headings : Theme, Strategy, Skill, Text, Genre, Essential Question)
Word Study Focus Wall Slide (Sub Headings: Focus, High Frequency Words, Spelling)
Vocabulary Focus Wall Slide (Sub Headings: Word, Example)
Unit/Lesson Slides to separate and organize it all
Moveable Icons are organize by the following slides:
- Reading Theme Icons: Courage, Friendship, Honesty, Perseverance, Kindness, Acceptance, Compassion, Responsibility, Cooperation, How-to, Information
- Reading Strategy Icons: Summarize, Retell, Question, Connect, Visualize, Evaluate, Identify, Infer, Predict
- Reading Skill Icons: Story Elements, Point of View, Main Idea, Context Clues, Close Reading, Sequencing, Plot, Fact and Opinion, Compare and Contrast, Character Traits, Cause and Effect
- Reading Genre Icons: Autobiography, Biography, Comedy, Poetry, Science Fiction, Fairytale, Nonfiction, Mystery, Horror, Historical Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Tall Tale, Fantasy, Legend, Adventure, Fable
What other teachers are saying about this Digital Reading Focus Wall:
- Extremely satisfied–This is so much easy than putting up a focus wall every week. Such a time saver. Great resource!
- Extremely satisfied–This is a very neat, clean layout with lots of pictures already included. If you want to use another picture, there are instructions for how to do it as well as a place to “store” your pictures.
- Extremely satisfied–This is a great resource. I am looking forward to using this with our reading series we use. I love that I don’t have to print out a focus wall and change it every week.
You can see what else is in the shop here
or take a look at this resource in my TpT shop here
All rights reserved © Jen Lium | Teaching in the Tongass